• SUPER-IMPORTANT VENDOR PACKET •
Thank you so much for participating in
Show of Hands Holiday 2017!
Show of Hands Holiday 2017!
We're thrilled to be hosting SHOW of HANDS for the 7th time! The success of our previous shows has been completely due to the hard work and talent of our incredible vendors! Your skills at promoting the show, putting together A+ booth displays and selling awesome products make this show something worth repeating year after year... and now, twice a year!
This vendor packet includes all the necessary info to help you plan for the show, as well as some promotional graphics at the end to help you beef up our online presence during these last few weeks before the show!
PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THROUGH THIS PAGE IN ITS ENTIRETY
WE DON'T WANT YOU TO MISS ANYTHING!
Preview FRIDAY NIGHT* 5pm - 9pm
SATURDAY & SUNDAY 10am - 5pm
*More information on TICKETS for the
Friday Night Preview below >
4325 N RAVENSWOOD AVENUE
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS 60613
*Shop the giant warehouse retail space of Architectural Artifacts during SoH!
The show venue is located just steps from the CTA BROWN LINE MONTROSE STATION and bus stops for the #78 BUS.
*plus street parking along Ravenswood Avenue!
All vendors must load in & set up between 2pm-5pm on Friday, November 10th
*unless different arrangements have already been made prior to the show
REGARDLESS OF YOUR LOAD-IN TIME, ALL VENDORS MUST BE SET UP AND READY TO SELL BY 4:45PM ON FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 10TH!
There are TWO OPTIONS for loading in to the space:
- Entering through a side door (to the left of Architectural Artifact's main entrance) and going down a few steps to the main showroom space where everyone's booths are located.
- Using the loading dock at the rear of the space. In order to access the dock, you must drive up the alley from Cullom Avenue, between Ravenswood Avenue & Hermitage Avenue.
To kick off our two full days of shopping (Saturday & Sunday, 10am-5pm free admission), we'll be hosting a special ticketed FRIDAY NIGHT PREVIEW EVENT on November 10th, 5-9pm.
all vendors are required to be present, fully set up & selling
for the friday night preview event
The purpose of this event is to open the doors early to a select group of ticket holders including:
- hard-core indie shoppers & fans of Show of Hands who want first dibs on all your awesome stuff!
- photographers, bloggers & other local press
- brick & mortar store owners who are looking for new lines to sell (wholesale -or- consignment) in their shops, and
- YOUR favorite customers, clients, stockists, press connections, and - of course - family & friends*
Tickets will go on sale THIS WEEK. Once we announce that the tickets are available, please GO NUTS sharing the link below with your Twitter, Facebook & Instagram followers and your mailing list subscribers!
tickets NOW AVAILABLE!)
share this link with everyone: www.showofhandschicago.com/ticketsBUT ONLY GIVE YOUR PROMO CODE* TO (10) SELECT PEOPLE!
* Each vendor will be given a unique 50% OFF COUPON CODE that can be used (10) times.
Please give this code out to your (10) favorite customers, clients, stockists, press connections, friends & family.
NOTE: These are NOT complimentary tickets.
Each ticket still admits two people into the show, but the tickets will be $5 (not FREE).
Use your company's unique promo code - WHICH YOU CAN FIND AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE - to give away your 1/2 off coupons.
IMPORTANT: in the past, our friday night preview event has sold out days before the showIt's important to be clear with your mailing list, social media follwers and coupon code recipients that - if they want to get a ticket - they should grab one SOONER rather than LATER!
*Also, for anyone you give your coupon code to, let them know that, just because they have a coupon code, it does NOT mean that they have a ticket. We had quite a few folks last year who received a coupon code, but never went online with it to actually redeem a ticket... by the day of the show, tickets were GONE!
FREE ADMISSION • OPEN TO ALL
Vendors may arrive on Saturday as early as 9am. You will be able to leave your booth set up overnight; please take home valuables and easily-pocketed product (i.e. jewelry) and stow or cover other items. There will be an overnight security guard Friday & Saturday nights. Use the time before doors open on Saturday to set up your display, chat with fellow vendors & grab a cup of coffee!
FREE ADMISSION • OPEN TO ALL
Vendors may arrive on Sunday as early as 9am.
The show closes at 5pm on Sunday. ALL VENDORS MUST BE OUT OF THE SPACE BY 7PM ON SUNDAY. NO EXCEPTIONS.
A few key things to note about the space:
- Artifact Events is located at 4325 N Ravenswood Avenue just south of Montrose Ave.
- Yes, the venue has a different name than it did last year... Moving forward, we'll refer to the space as "Artifact Events" but the space is still home to Architectural Artifacts, the 80,000 square foot antique shop that, if you've been there before, you know is totally amazing!
- In this area, Ravenswood Avenue is two lanes, one on either side of the Metra tracks. Artifact Events is located on the EAST side.
- Please be aware that this side of the street runs ONE WAY northbound.
- Vendor Load-In and Load-Out can be done via one of two entrances: 1) a door (with a handful of steps down) just to the left of the front door of Artifact Events -OR- 2) the loading dock at the back of the space; you can access the dock from the alley behind Artifact Events.
- The space for vendors is made up of three different rooms adjacent to the main atrium. The majority of the booth spaces are backed up to another vendor, while the remaining spaces will have a wall behind them. Please reference the show map (which you will receive on or before the Walkthrough on Saturday, October 28th) to find your booth location and proximity to a wall and/or electricity; please plan your booth display accordingly.
- If you are located in a space backed up to a fellow vendor, please be sure any free-standing fixtures are secure and pleasant to look at from all sides!
- There is WiFi in the space, but it is NOT reliable and varies greatly depending on your specific booth location; we will provide all vendors with the login/password information the morning of the show. As with all WI-FI connections, we cannot guarantee its reliability, so be sure to have a backup plan for processing credit cards and keeping track of sales. It is the responsibility of each individual vendor to properly process and secure their transactions.
IMPORTANT: a little more information about wifi in the space
- Due to the nature of the venue, the WiFi in the space is NOT reliable... Before the show, we ask that you familiarize yourself with your credit card processing features (like Offline Mode with Square Readers).
- If your credit card processor does not have an offline feature, we recommend having a backup plan in place for imprinting cards and taking customers' contact info when processing sales without an internet connection.
BOOTH SPACESDue to the unique nature of the venue, the booths vary in size. Please reference the Vendor Map & Details List once it is distributed at the Vendor Walkthrough to determine the exact measurements of your booth space. If you have any questions about how you might set up the space once you receive your booth assignment, just let us know.
All booth spaces include (1) 6ft. x 30" table, and (1) chair. Additional tables (4ft, 6ft & 8ft) are available to rent for $15/each HERE.
DON'T FORGET TO BRING...
Lots of product to sell
Last year's holiday show brought in nearly 5,000 shoppers, so bring A LOT of product. If your product is very limited edition / one-of-a-kind, think about having some display-only items that are not for sale and lots of ordering information so that you can take custom orders at the show! Shoppers love having things made just for them and it'll allow you to make sales without running low on inventory!
We definitely encourage you to use Square, or another method of accepting credit cards at the show. Most customers have come to expect that both cash and credit cards will be accepted by all the vendors at our show. Also, shoppers making larger purchases, or buying from multiple vendors, will prefer paying with a card. That said, also bring a good amount of cash (small bills), especially if you have lower cost items like cards, buttons, lip balm, etc.
The tables provided are standard wooden top / metal leg folding tables - not very attractive - so be sure to bring some sort of covering that coordinates with your display. We've found the best solution is a tablecloth that goes all the way to the floor in the front; that way, you can stash unsightly boxes, additional product, shopping bags, etc. out of the way and out of sight.
Note: There will be space for you to stash your coat, empty boxes, etc. during the show, as well as additional room in our Vendor Lounge.
Be sure to bring furniture, display shelves and/or tabletop displays that show off your products to shoppers. Think not only about how your booth looks by itself, but how it will be seen when there's a crowd of shoppers in front of it. Can people see at least some of your product and your company name/logo from across the room? When shopping at your booth, is it clear what company it is that they are buying from?
Business Cards & Other Promo/Takeaway items
While you will sell quite a lot of items AT the show itself, remember that this event is also a huge opportunity to find new customers and get future sales by getting your company info into shoppers' hands. Have business cards and postcards out on your table, so that they're easy to reach and clearly for the taking.
Snacks / Water Bottle
As we do at all of our shows, we will be providing our hard-working vendors with free coffee, tea and water in our Vendor Lounge, but please feel free to bring your own water bottle to refill throughout the weekend, as well as any other comforts to help keep you hydrated! You're going to be talking to A LOT of people!!!
There will also be food available for purchase (vendors TBD), but we encourage all vendors to bring your own snacks/food to keep you going throughout the show.
For each show, OrangeBeautiful designs & prints a batch of limited edition tote bags that are given away to our first 50 shoppers (25 on Friday / 25 on Saturday), as well as to a select group of VIP attendees, members of the press, and to you, our vendors!
There will be a total of 160 bags that will be stuffed with coupons, samples, promo items & more from our vendors, show sponsors and other local businesses! We invite you to contribute an item to these bags. Here are a few ideas:
- special coupons for a discount or free gift at your booth
- an actual sample product or small item BIG IMPACT!
Feel free to give us (50) items for just the First 50 Shoppers' bags -OR- a full quantity of (160), which will go to the First 50 and all of our Volunteers, Vendors & Sponsors!
get your items to us by november 3rd to be includedPlease either DROP OFF YOUR ITEMS at Sacred Art in Lincoln Square (4619 N Lincoln Avenue)
or SHIP YOUR ITEMS to OrangeBeautiful (Emily Wentz. 5734 W Henderson St, Chicago, IL 60634) - remember to allow time for shipping!
• • •
We need these items IN OUR HANDS by Friday, November 3rd - Any items received after this date WILL NOT BE INCLUDED in the tote bags.
Please use the graphics below to promote the show via your own website or blog, Facebook, Twitter & Instagram!
ALSO FEEL FREE TO USE IMAGES FROM OUR VENDOR DIRECTORY TO PIMP OUT YOURSELF AND YOUR FELLOW VENDORS!
The Holiday 2017 SHOW MAP, as well as an alphabetical list of all the vendor names and booth dimensions, will be given out at the Vendor Walkthrough: Saturday, October 28th @ 10am, Architectural Artifacts.
If you're unable to attend the walkthrough, don't worry! We'll email everyone with a link to this updated Vendor Packet, which will then include a downloadable map and list of all floorplan details*
*That email will be sent out Monday, October 30th!
LAST MINUTE CHECKLIST:
The Loading Dock Schedule will be sent out on 10/30
rent an additional or differently-sized table(s) HERE
pick up postcards/posters at Sacred Art in Lincoln Square
ship or drop-off your gift bag items • DUE November 3rd
(see details above)
promote the show: pass out postcards, put up posters, post on social media and tell everyone you see!
make sure you're stocked up on business cards, shopping bags, packaging, etc.
plan your booth display... and MAKE MAKE MAKE!