please read through the application details below carefullyIf you have questions regarding vendor participation,
application requirements, special considerations, etc. please contact us!
important dates + event details
MONDAY January 19th 2015
APPLICATION DEADLINE  DEADLINE PAST
FRIDAY February 13th 2015
*applications submitted after this date will not be considered
APPLICATION NOTICES SENT
MONDAY Monday, February 23rd 2015
FRIDAY May 8th 2015 Preview Night
SATURDAY & SUNDAY May 9th-10th, 2015
*exact show times TBD
NEW SHOW LOCATION
4325 N Ravenswood Ave • Chicago
*one block east of the Montrose Brown Line El Stop
what to expectTOO LEGIT TO QUIT
For our 3rd, and now semi-annual show, we're looking for high-caliber artists, designers & craftspeople to sell their goods at a 3-day show this coming May. The show will take place at a brand-new location for us, Architectural Artifacts, just up the street from our previous venue, the Ravenswood Event Center.
To get the best idea of what we've looked for in the past, please check out our list of 2014 Vendors. These are top-notch designers & business owners who all individually added something amazing and unique to the show as a whole... and while applicants don't necessarily have to be individuals who only sell high-end items, or who have long-established businesses, we are looking for all of our vendors to possess some very specific qualities:
AND THE QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP TO BACK IT UP
That said, we're also extremely careful not to over-saturate any one product category at the show. Show of Hands is a smaller event as far as craft shows and art fairs go (our upcoming Spring Show will boast a highly-curated group of only 60 or so vendors), so we don't want shoppers to feel like there is too much of any one thing.
BOOTH FEES + PARTICIPATION LEVELS
- Each vendor receives a designated 5x8ft space (60" DEEP BY 72" WIDE) including (1) 6ft table and (2) chairs
*double booth spaces are also available at an additional cost
- Several booths have available wall space and/or access to electricity. If you have these or other special requirements, please feel free to let us know and we'll do our very best to accommodate everyone.
- Prior to the show, there will be a walkthrough of the space and an informational Q+A held at Architectural Artifacts to help vendors prepare (and get psyched!) for the big event.
- Since Architectural Artifacts is also a retail store, open 7 days a week (10am-5pm), we encourage you to visit the space on your own time, as well. Seeing the space in person and browsing their 80,000 sq.ft. warehouse is an experience like no other.
- Promotional postcards & posters will be provided to all vendors in advance for mailing, handing out + posting all over town!
- Other promotional tools include (but are in no way limited to) a dedicated Show of Hands website and blog, dedicated Instagram feed (@showofhandschicago), Twitter feed (@showofhandschi) and Facebook Page (facebook.com/showofhandschicago), a CTA Ad Campaign and printed programs handed out to all attendees of the show.
PLUS Vendor Goodie Bags, a Vendor Lounge, a Vendor-Only Shopping Hour, A SPECIAL FRIDAY NIGHT PREVIEW EVENT
and much, much more!
SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES for VENDORS
In addition to regular vendor spaces, we are also offering a handful of VENDOR/SPONSOR spots to those businesses who would like both a booth space and the additional promotion that comes with being a sponsor.
5x8ft VENDOR BOOTH $350
5x8ft Returning Vendor Booth $325
5x8ft SHARED VENDOR BOOTH $350
5x8ft Returning Shared Vendor Booth $325
*see note below about sharing booths
5x16ft VENDOR BOOTH $650
5x16ft Returning Vendor Booth $600
ADD SHOW SPONSORSHIP* +250
Amazing additional promotion for your business/brand
+plus a vendor booth at the show!
*WE WILL NOT BE PAIRING UP APPLICANTS TO SHARE BOOTHS. It is your responsibility to find another vendor to share with and determine how you will share costs & display space. PLEASE NOTE: PLACEMENT IN THE SHOW WILL TAKE INTO ACCOUNT BOTH APPLICANTS.
THE APPLICATION  NOW CLOSED
In order to be considered for participation in Show of Hands Spring 2015, you will need to submit the online application and pay the full booth fee by Friday, February 13th, 2015 at 12midnight CST.
APPLICANTS NOT ACCEPTED TO THE SHOW WILL HAVE THEIR FEE *LESS THE $15 APPLICATION FEE* REIMBURSED BY FEBRUARY 26th 2015 @9AM
- please do not contact us before this date/time asking about the status of your reimbursement.
- any application submitted with incomplete information, after the deadline date/time, and/or without the application fee will not be considered.
*NOTE: THE APPLICATION FEE FOR RETURNING VENDORS WILL BE WAIVED!
The online application (link below) will ask for your company information and contact details. In order to see your work and evaluate whether or not you'd be a good fit for our show, we ask that you provide us with a link to your website, as well as a brief decription of your work.
If you have any questions about the application process, please let us know!
If, for whatever reason, you choose to cancel, you will receive a full refund, less the $15 Application Fee, if and only if we are notified of your cancellation by MARCH 1st 2015. Any cancellations made after this date will NOT receive a refund.
*You are not permitted to sell, trade or give away your booth space for any reason.
LICENSES, PERMITS & WAIVERS
As either a business or an individual selling goods to the general public at this event, you will be required to charge & pay IL Sales Tax (9.25%) regardless of where you/your business resides. Don't worry if this is a new thing for you. If accepted, we'll provide further information and answer any and all questions that Vendors have about selling, pay taxes, etc.
All participating vendors will be asked to either
a) provide a Certificate of Insurance for their business, or
b) sign a waiver provided by Architectural Artifacts (i.e. Atrium Events, Inc.) in order to release liability for any damage you may cause to the space, the antiques in the space, if you are injured while in the space, etc.
Don't let this scare you... it's common practice for an event space to insure that they're not liable if something unforeseen happens.
Please use the links below to begin your application. All applicants will fill out the same application form, which will ask for some information about you, your business, your products, etc. Once you have completed the form, you will be taken to a payment page where you must submit the full booth fee in order to complete your application.
NOTE: On the payment page, please choose from the NEW APPLICANTS or the RETURNING APPLICANTS dropdown, depending on which category you fall into.